From Iridium Circle Exalted
The Violent Option
The Battle for the Glen
- River summons an immense fire elemental to fight for the city.
- He also musters the strongest of the city's spirits to defend it.
- Oboreta inspires the town guard and raises their spirits.
- The others prepare the weapons and make ready for the coming fight.
- On the morning of the fifth day of calibration, the wyld horde advances on the walls.
- The charge is led by the golems, stolen from the defences around the drunken tower.
- They slam themselves against the walls of the city and drive cracks into the defences.
- One slams down the gate.
- A flock of blue eagles descends upon the battlements and rips into the defenders.
- This is bad.
- Wren activates White reaper form and starts to scythe his way through the rank and file.
- Wind follower snipes important people from the rooftops.
- River spews sorcery out into the battle.
- Oboreta and Bear hold the gate.
- Kar'tao, the lunar, shape-shifts and barrels into the defenders of the gate.
- Soon Bear is fighting Bear.
- The fair folk flashes onto the walls and becomes embroiled in the melee.
- He summons a horde of apparitions to fight with him.
- These are hewn down in short order by Wren and Oboreta.
- The walls south of the gate fall and the bandits rush in.
- Wren gives chase and hunts them down.
- The cat-beast that serves as the Bramble-lord's mount jumps across the rooftops and mauls Wind Follower.
- Sensing that it is not of the wyld, Wind Follower reaches out to it and calms its rage.
- They develop an unspoken bond and go forth to fight side by side.
- In the gateway, Oboreta and Bear square off against the lunar and the fair folk.
- The fight is bitter and bloody.
- River joins in, hurling sorcerous bolts at the fair folk.
- Unable to weather the onslaught, one such projectile carves a bloody hole through the warlord's chest.
- One down.
- The lunar gets beaten to the brink of the beyond and yields.
- The wyld threat destroyed, the city picks up the pieces.
- Many died when the bandits rushed into the town and there are significant repairs to be made.
- Still, the city still stands and is free (for a certain value of free).
- Bloodied but unbowed, the exalts make their way back to the sanctum.
- The guardian does not speak, it knows they are ready.
- In front of them, the sanctum opens.